the car

As another lesson of growth that my mother taught me. We needed a new car. My mother (I guess) was training me that it is ok, sometimes, to pray very specific prayers. Mom had $3000 available. She wanted it to be green. She wanted it to have an air conditioner. There were other details that I don't recall right now. Mom and I prayed for the Lord to help us find a car that was no more than $3000...
We found, through a friend, a car that, with tax and title came to exactly $3000.
Every time Mom drove this car, she prayed for the Lord to protect it. For years she drove that car. One night after work, she pulled it into a gas station and asked if they would check the oil. I was with her. The man blanched and came back to the driver's window. "Lady, I don't know why you can still drive this car. The engine should have fallen out a long while ago." He welded a brace at the top of the engine to hold it in. Even more years passed by. Mom had back surgery and was unable to drive the car for several months. A man came to the door and asked if the green Subaru was for sale. Not knowing if it would still run after it had sat so long, she told him she didn't know it it was still working. He peeled off $300 in small bills. Nowadays, we have heard many awful examples of how "ask, seek, find" has been taken out of context and used inappropriately. In this, a single parent on a fixed income with little to outlay for a very specific need, and an unction from the Holy Spirit to ask quite specifically, and a new Christian daughter that the Lord might want to especially impress with how intimately God desires to meet our needs, we prayed. God answered to Mom's exact specifications. My faith grew. Somehow I think that was what it was all about.

Popular posts from this blog

one June night...

HOTTT!!