For Heaven's Sake Suzie! Don't take all the sand shovels!

Nursery school. Graduation. Mrs. Potter gives my mother a picture of a Hindu god with many arms with that inscription. "For Heaven's Sake Suzie! Don't take all the sand shovels!"
We laugh.
Years later, my father says, "Susan, if you have to grab for it, it isn't yours!" again and again and again. We laugh.
Years again. I am challenged by a man at work. His thirst for power and the harm he causes me causes me to re-evaluate my priorities and goals. As I am faced with the hard choice and the delicate balance of choosing to relate to people with courtesy, dignity and respect and yet (how on earth!) to set appropriate boundaries that will not devalue but also (despite-and-in-the-face-of-my-anger) protect my own worth and value, it comes to me.

It is tremendously harder to walk in integrity than to grab for what isn't yours.

Popular posts from this blog

one June night...

HOTTT!!